Quantitative Methods in Economics & Business (II)
The objectives of this course is to introduce the students to the basic principles of statistical inference and modelling in order to be able to use them in problems of management science. A part of the course will be concerned with an introduction to the essential concepts of statistics so that the students may subsequently be taught and understand regression methodology, which is widely used in economics and management.
The course contents include:
- Statistical estimation: Least Squares, maximum likelihood estimation, Bayesian inference
- Hypothesis testing: basic concepts and examples
- Simple linear regression. Applications of the simple linear modelin problems from economics and management science
- Analysis of variance: basic principles and applications via software.
- Multiple linear regression: estimation, multicollinearity issues, applications with statistical software