Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics
The usage of data in enterprise decision making has been identified as one of the most critical element for success in our data-driven society. The objective of the course is to present the theory and the techniques used in modern data analysis systems in a business context. This includes, architectures, algorithms, tools, applications and commercial systems.
The course contents are:
- Advanced modern database topics: query processing, transaction processing, main-memory databases, column-oriented databases.
- Business Intelligence: architecture, design and modelling of data warehouses, ETL, data cubes, OLAP, tools, systems.
- Data Mining: Architecture, the KDD process, classification, clustering, association rules, applications, systems.
- Large-scale data management: MapReduce, Hadoop and tools, NoSQL systems.
- Special Topics: Text analytics, data streams, data visualization, social media analytics.