Politics of European Integration
Number of credits allocated: 6 ECTS Credits
Objective of the course (expected learning outcomes and competences to be acquired)
- Understanding of the basic concepts in the analysis of European integration.
- Acquaintance with the historical condition and the factors that drive the European integration process.
- Familiarization with the institutional structure and evolution of the EU political system
- Historical background and evolution
- The political system of governance of the EU: institutional and political modus operandi:
- EU institutions: structure and basic functions (European Council, Council of Ministers, European Commission, European Parliament, European Court of Justice, European Central Bank, auxiliary bodies)
- Policy-making in the EU: actors and processes
- N. Nugent (2010) The Government and Politics of the European Union 7th ed. (Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan)
- S. Verney and A. Kontis (eds), European Integration – Crises and Challenges, Papazisis 2017 (in Greek)
Teaching methods: Lectures.
Assessment methods: Final written exam (100%)
Language of instruction: Greek