The HRM laboratory
The Human Resource Management (HRM) laboratory has been operating since the beginning of the 00's at the department of Marketing and Communication (M&C) of Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) and its operation is stipulated by the Government's gazette (FEK) issue Β4059-19.12.2016.
The founder and first director of the HRM laboratory is Professor Emeritus, Dr. Nancy Papalexandris. In the late 1990s, professor Papalexandris started collaborating with the major international research networks Cranet and GLOBE, collaborations that continue to this day. In February of 2020, a Collective Volume was published to honor the first director of the laboratory, with the participation of 49 authors from 6 Greek and 10 foreign universities .
The Mission of the HRM laboratory is to be an international center of research, training and consulting excellence for the dissemination of knowledge and the development of the field of Human Resources Management to university professors, students, companies, public authorities and organizations.
Specific Objectives of the laboratory are the following:
- Coverage, at undergraduate and postgraduate level, of didactic and research needs in HRM issues of the Department of M&C and other Departments and Faculties of the Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Cooperation with institutional bodies (governmental, professional, companies) to disseminate new knowledge in Human Resource Management.
- Collaboration with research centers and academic institutions in Greece and abroad, provided that the scientific objectives coincide, conform with and complement each other with those of the laboratory.
- Organization of scientific lectures, workshops, seminars, summer school, symposiums, conferences and other scientific events, authoring scientific publications and hoasting of Greek and foreign recognized scientists.
- Provision of services according to the related P.D 159/1984 (t.A'/53): " Conditions for the provision of services by university laboratories to individuals and organizations of any legal form".
- Support of the development of skills and abilities of Greece's executive employees as a lever to achieve business efficiency, economic competitiveness and social development at a national level.
- Collaboration with research institutions at a national and international level in order to create, exchange and disseminate knowledge about the subject of the laboratory.
Scientific director of the laboratory of HRM was the associate professor Maria Vakola (2016-2020).
Scientific director of the laboratory of HRM is the assistant professor Eleanna Galanaki (2020-today)