Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB)
The Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) was originally founded in 1920 under the name of Athens School of Commercial Studies. It was renamed in 1926 as the Athens School of Economics and Business, a name that was retained until 1989 when it assumed its present name, the Athens University of Economics and Business.
It is the third oldest University in Greece and the oldest one in the general fields of Economics and Business. Up to 1955 the School offered only one degree in the general area of Economics and Commerce. In 1955 it started two separate programs leading to two separate degrees: one in Economics and the other in Business Administration. In 1984 the School was divided into three Departments, namely the Department of Economics, the Department of Business Administration and the Department of Statistics and Informatics.
In 1989, the University expanded in six Departments. From 1999 onwards, the University developed even further and nowadays it includes eight academic departments, offering 8 undergraduate degrees, 39 Master degrees, an equivalent number of Doctoral Programs and 33 Research Laboratories.